We each need to find our own inspiration, Kiki. Sometimes it’s not easy.
I am legitimately okay with this and suddenly wish there were no movies in the first place so that more posts like this could exist. So that more people would look at the basic context clues IN the books and imagine things like this.
Ron seems…hotter than he’s described in the books.
…To be fair, he started out as 11 and ended at age 18, so he might have gotten hotter over the years.
Native Filmmakers Shoot Dystopian Drama on Pine Ridge Reservation
It’s 2085 on Pine Ridge. The reservation has been quarantined and borders guarded by the military for 30 years. Sparked by the ramifications of the Keystone XL pipeline, the war between the government and the insurgency lasted for eight years and resulted in the dystopian setting that provides the background for "The People," the inaugural project from Indigene Studios.
Based out of Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, Indigene Studios was co-founded in April 2014 by Willi White, Oglala Lakota, and Angel White Eyes, Oglala Lakota and Ojibwa.
“This is our way of giving back to our communities but also expressing ourselves,” White said. “Non-Natives always come here and sell the same narrative to the mainstream media. We want to change that narrative and give a voice to the stories that are already here.”
Give. It. To. Me.
Dear pan and ace people,
Fckh8 have said they’re going to bring out products for pan and ace people in light of this summer’s giant fuckup.
PLEASE DON’T BUY THEM.
FCKH8 have a long history of being a horrible organisation, focussed solely on cis gays and lesbians (and maybe bisexuals sometimes too). Check out http://stopfckh8.tumblr.com for info on lots of the shit they’ve done.
They aren’t creating these products because they suddenly care about pan and ace people. They’ve just seen that there’s a market for this stuff, and what FCKH8 cares about isn’t LGBTQ+ people, it’s money.
Please don’t fund this horrible, for-profit company. They don’t truly care about LGBTQ+ people, and they don’t deserve our support.
Vegan Soba Noodle Round Up
does the A in USA stand for ally
*sirius black voice* remus will you kill this spider for me
*remus lupin voice* is it trying to hurt you, sirius
*sirius black voice* its on my bed and hurting my heart
*quiet james potter voice* engorgio
*loud, horrified sirius black shrieking*
It’s time to EDUCATE YO’SELF.
pumpkinonline is a farming and dating RPG game (inspired by Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing, if you’re into that) currently in the works. It’s gonna be the BEST DAMN MMORPG ON THE INTERWEBS, and I’ll tell you why:
- it will feature NPCs of multiple skin tones, physical ability levels, and body types.
- Character creation will feature MANY more skin tones than most RPGs allow (the creators are even designing a character with vitiligo).
- You won’t have to choose your character’s gender until AFTER YOU’VE CREATED YOUR AVATAR, so trans and nonbinary characters will be not only encouraged, but freaking possible. Your character can have any body you want—from rail-thin to “chubby”, big breasted or flat-chested, muscular or wiry—and THEN you get to choose how they identify.
- Your character can date or marry any NPC or player character in the game world, regardless of body or gender. Multiple player characters can date the same NPC and each play as if they are the only character dating that NPC.
- Into polyamory? Cool! You can date multiple NPCs in the game without drama, and will also be able to negotiate polyamorous relationships with other players in the game who are into it too!
- Asexual/aromantic? Also cool! Dating isn’t required in the game, and physical affection is mostly just implied rather than explicitly shown. You can farm to your heart’s content and make best friends with NPCs and other characters if that’s all you want to do.
- The head of the design team for the game is an African-American woman. Supporting diversity in gaming companies FTW.
- Speaking of the design team, they have been super helpful and responsive to people who want representation in the game. If you look at what’s being designed and you feel left out for some reason, contact them and they’ll try to fix it!
The reason I’m putting so much effort into this post is because Pumpkin Online, this massively inclusive and positive (and fun looking!) game is still in the fundraising process. They have 20 days (as of today) to raise $22,000 for the project. They have staggered levels of rewards on Kickstarter; a minimum $20 donation will get you beta access to the game. If you want this game to become a real thing, go donate here or at least signal boost the pumpkin guts out of this. Please. For me.